A European strategic sourcing role with packaging category management responsibility and a spend up to €150 million. Responsible for development/enhancement of category strategies, category overview and execution against a clear plan, driving efficiencies and savings, whilst managing appropriate supplier relationships.
You will be responsible for the management of all aspects of the sourcing process to ensure best value, including but not limited to innovation, pricing, contract negotiation, cost savings, supply assurance, supply chain analysis, risk management, commercialization and quality compliance. You will ensure industry leading sourcing tools and services are utilized within the category and will encourage and lead cross functional collaboration to drive optimal results.
Customer communication, alignment and relationship management is also an important aspect of this role.
Identify and execute category and supplier cost savings opportunities Proactively manage contract renewals and renegotiations. Manage strategic sourcing review process with internal and external stakeholders (RFI/RFP)Negotiate supplier agreements and contracts in partnership with key stakeholders. Monitor supplier performance and develop suppliers which can add value through continuous improvement and innovative solutions. Manage assured supply and risk across all categories
Value Chain Analysis. Manage internal and external stakeholder communications. Deliver and report on cost savings and cost avoidance initiatives. Manage accurate and timely Price Lists and drive price stability. Work with peer group to optimise and leverage supplier resources Develop expertise and benchmarking knowledge of assigned categories and major suppliers.
· 5+ years of demonstrated purchasing experience involving supplier negotiations and contract drafting
· Demonstrated experience in managing strategic sourcing projects, including competitive bidding (RFI/RFP) and supplier selection
· Packaging category sourcing experience
· Negotiation and supplier management skills
· Contract Management skills
· Project management skills
· Commercially minded with good analytical skills
· A self-motivated individual combined with result driven approach
· Very good organizational and time management skills
· Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
· Ability to work under pressure within an international environment
· Must be proactive and questioning with a mature and confident approach to problem solving using own initiative
· Proficient with MS Office suite of products with strong Excel capabilities
Experience in working with multi-functional teams, culturally sensitive with the ability to work effectively with suppliers and customers in different countries
Share This Page
Resource Partnership Search & Selection Ltd
15, West Hill Park
London N6 6ND