Due to retirement, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Packaging R&D Manager to join our site team in Yorkshire. Responsible for the delivery of the packaging R&D elements in support of Innovation via NPD / EPD delivery and the identification and development of new pack formats and materials.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
· Create & develop packaging formats in line with Marketing brand plans and specific briefs. Present a range of pack format ideas to marketing to offer on shelf appeal/ stand out presence, plus proactively source new innovative ideas. Lead the development of these from concept, technical feasibility through to implementation.
· Create & develop packaging formats in line with Customer Brand own label specific briefs. Present a range of pack format ideas to the Customer Brand team to offer on shelf appeal/ stand out presence, plus proactively source new innovative ideas. Lead the development of these from concept, technical feasibility through to implementation.
· Within the project team manage the packaging development process including costings, concept samples, trials (including objectives, outputs / success criteria etc.), operations briefing, due diligence validation, process compliance, distribution and retailer handling trials within our sites and within co-packers. Support the business Plastics Strategy requirements.
· Use effective project management skills and ensure clear communication both written and verbal.
· Investigate & communicate new technology developments that could support innovation.
· Support packaging project work and develop the required specifications resulting in capital investment for EPD
· Manage and develop a positive approach to Packaging & Machine suppliers to attain new ideas.
· Build understanding of packaging materials interactions with diversity of packaging machines and ensure that the packaging materials key performance criteria are part of the specifications.
· Support packaging project work resulting in value improvement (ie format, material and supplier changes)
· Maintain and update Packaging databases
· Sign-off of new artwork against the packaging criteria
· Ensure business systems databases contain the correct packaging specification information.
· Ensure that all UK and International legal requirements relating to packaging are strictly adhered to, and that awareness of amendments / new requirements are maintained and communicated within relevant functions
· Ideally a science based degree in either Packaging, Materials or Food
· 4 + years experience in a direct packaging technology role within a Food/Beverage or Pharmaceutical environment
· Institute of Packaging Diploma (preferred)
· Technically competent across a range of packaging material specifications, their applications and packing processes.
· Demonstrable experience with developing new pack formats with external packaging suppliers and third-party manufacturers
· Demonstrable experience with the development of creative/ innovative pack formats.
· Capable of managing capital invested sized projects independently
We’re one of the UK's largest branded food companies supplying a range of retail, wholesale, foodservice and other customers with some of the UK's best-loved brands. Chances are you have one of our products in your home, as over 95% of our households bought one of our products last year !
Share This Page
Resource Partnership Search & Selection Ltd
15, West Hill Park
London N6 6ND